Hitachi Excavator ZX850 ZX890 ZX890LCH-5A front idler, track roller, top roller and segment sprocket
Hitachi Excavator ZX850 ZX890 ZX890LCH-5A
>> front idler, idler roller
>> track roller, bottom roller
>> top roller, carrier roller
>> segment sprocket
Excavator and Bulldozer Undercarriage Sprockets and Segments
Sprockets are essential parts of most crawler equipment, including excavators, dozers, cranes, drilling machines, and more. Proper undercarriage maintenance significantly lessens the chance for a larger breakdown in the middle of an important job. Sprockets and segments work with the undercarriage track to drive track-style equipment movement. If your sprockets and segments show wear, chances are that you will need to look into replacement parts.
Sprockets Vs. Segments
Sprockets are metal gears with an inner ring that has bolt holes or a compression hub and gear ring all within a single unit. In contrast, segments are individual pieces that can be linked together to form a metal ring. This means segments can be combined to create the effect of a complete sprocket, but are able to be individually replaced without dismantling the entire track.
Sprockets & Segments – CZPT or OEM Parts
Heavy machinery undercarriages help to carry tons of weight and propel movement. If your undercarriage experiences significant use, it will likely need repair and replacement parts. Original equipment manufacturer (OEM) parts are produced at the same factory that makes the equipment they are used for. Purchasing an OEM part ensures that the part will be identical to the part initially included in the vehicle at purchase. One might think these are the only high-quality replacement options, but CZPT part manufacturers provide replacement parts at a much lower price without sacrificing the machine match or quality.
Heavy Equipment Undercarriage parts
Quality heavy machinery undercarriage parts help prevent premature wear on excavators, dozers, track loaders, skid steers, and forestry equipment. The majority of maintenance and part costs for track-type equipment is from its undercarriage. That means, selecting high-quality parts is essential to keeping your machines running efficiently and to save costs.
Vochains offers undercarriage parts designed to provide the greatest return on your investment and extend the wear life of your machines
Track Equipment Undercarriage Parts
Track Assemblies – CZPT carries complete track group assemblies in addition to individual steel and rubber tracks. Track groups can be shipped pre-assembled to make your installation even easier.
Sprockets, Idlers, & Segments – Vochains offers a wide selection of sprockets that are designed for extended life, high resistance, and increased durability. Our idlers and rollers can help your crawlers, bulldozers, and excavators handle even the most intense applications.
Track Shoes & Track Pads – Vochains has a variety of track shoes for any environment with a variety of designs, profiles, and widths. Our premium track shoes are built to handle even the highest impact conditions without bending or breaking.
Track Links – Vochains carry heavy-duty Track links that hold track sections together and keep your equipment functioning properly in even the harshest applications.
Track Adjusters – Vochains offers track adjusters that can directly replace your existing parts with a quick replacement. Track adjusters help to absorb shock and protect your machine from leakage while minimizing the risk of releasing the spring.
Track Chains – Vochains’ track chains are available in different versions to match your machine and environment. With track chains designed for easy installation, you can save time and money while increasing the performance of your machine.
Rollers – Vochains supplies track rollers are designed for a long wear life and strong performance even in the most extreme operating conditions. Increase the undercarriage clearance height to reduce the load on the front wheel, sprocket, and final drive. Top, bottom, and carrier rollers can decrease the weight on costlier parts, increasing overall wear life. By investing in quality rollers, you can save costs in the long run.
Pins & Bushings – Pins and bushings form the hinges that allow the links of the track chain to move around the sprockets & idlers. As pins and bushings naturally wear it primarily occurs on a single side of the pin and the matching surface of the bushing, which allows the track pitch to extend, causing a stretched chain that runs loose. Maintaining proper pins and bushings will keep your undercarriage tracks running effectively.
Routine Undercarriage Maintenance
When inspecting your equipment’s undercarriage, you are looking to see that everything is in its correct place and working properly.
This includes things such as:
Maintaining proper track tension.
Both loose and tight tracks can cause issues preventing your machine from functioning properly.
Using appropriate track shoes for different job sites.
Depending on the type of movement your machinery will be doing and the terrains you’ll be working in, choose track shoes that work well.
Signs of significant wear on the idlers.
Notable tread will appear as deep pockets or grooves across the surface of the idler.
You also want to ensure that a lip has not formed on the edge of the idler. If so, this lip indicates that it may be time for servicing.
Keeping your undercarriage clean and well-lubricated.
Build-up of dust, mud, and debris can impact lubrication and make your equipment more difficult to use, which may cause operators to be a bit rougher when forcing it to maneuver or operate.
Frequent and thorough inspections, preferably with an operator’s manual in hand, can help operators spot wear, damage, and other issues before they get out of hand and result in more significant repair costs.
These visual inspections should occur daily.
Undercarriage Parts for All Types of Equipment
Vochains carries undercarriage components for all track-type equipment, including:
- Dozer Undercarriages
- Track, Compact, & Log Loaders
- Excavators & Mini Excavators
- Forestry Equipment
- Skidders & Skid Steers
- Feller Bunchers
- Track Cutters
PC20-7 PC30 PC30-3 PC30-5 PC30-6 PC40-7 PC45 PC45-2 PC55
PC120-6 PC130 PC130-7 PC200 PC200-1 PC200-3 PC200-5 PC200-6 PC200-7
PC200-8 PC210-6 PC220-1 PC220-3 PC220-6 PC220-7 PC220-8 PC270-7 PC202B
PC220LC-6 PC220LC-8 PC240 PC300 PC300-3 PC300-5 PC300-6 PC300-7 PC300-7K
PC300LC-7 PC350-6/7 PC400 PC400-3 PC400-5 PC400-6 PC400lc-7 PC450-6 PC450-7
PC600 PC650 PC750 PC800 PC1100 PC1250 PC2000
D20 D31 D50 D60 D61 D61PX D65A D65P D64P-12
D80 D85 D155 D275 D355
EX40-1 EX40-2 EX55 EX60 EX60-2 EX60-3 EX60-5 EX70 EX75
EX100 EX110 EX120 EX120-1 EX120-2 EX120-3 EX120-5 EX130-1 EX200-1
EX200-2 EX200-3 EX200-5 EX220-3 EX220-5 EX270 EX300 EX300-1 EX300-2
EX300-3 EX300-5 EX300A EX330 EX370 EX400-1 EX400-2 EX400-3 EX400-5
EX450 ZAX30 ZAX55 ZAX200 ZAX200-2 ZAX330 ZAX450-1 ZAX450-3 ZAX450-5
ZX110 ZX120 ZX200 ZX200 ZX200-1 ZX200-3 ZX200-5g ZX200LC-3 ZX210
ZX210-3 ZX210-3 ZX210-5 ZX225 ZX240 ZX250 ZX270 ZX30 ZX330
ZX330 ZX350 ZX330C ZX450 ZX50
E200B E200-5 E320D E215 E320DL E324D E324DL E329DL E300L
E320S E320 E320DL E240 E120-1 E311 E312B E320BL E345
E324 E140 E300B E330C E120 E70 E322C E322B E325
E325L E330 E450 CAT225 CAT312B CAT315 CAT320 CAT320C CAT320BL
CAT330 CAT322 CAT245 CAT325 CAT320L CAT973
D3 D3C D4 D4D D4H D5M D5H D6 D6D
D6M D6R D6T D7 D7H D7R D8 D8N D8R
D9R D9N D9G D10
SH120 SH120-3 SH200 SH210-5 SH200 SH220-3 SH220-5/7 SH290-3 SH350-5/7
SH220 SH280 SH290-7 SH260 SH300 SH300-3 SH300-5 SH350 SH60
SK120-6 SK120-5 SK210-8 SK210LC-8 SK220 SK220-1 SK220-3 SK220-5/6 SK200
SK200 SK200 SK200-3 SK200-6 SK200-8 SK200-5/6 SK60 SK290 SK100
SK230 SK250 SK250-8 SK260LC-8 SK300 SK300-2 SK300-4 SK310 SK320
SK330-8 SK330 SK350LC-8 SK235SR SK450 SK480 SK30-6
DH200 DH220-3 DH220 DH220S DH280-2 DH280-3 DH55 DH258 DH130
DH370 DH80 DH500 DH450 /DH225
R60-5 R60-7 R60-7 R80-7 R200 R200-3 R210 R210 R210-9
R210LC R210LC-7 R225 R225-3 R225-7 R250 R250-7 R290 R290LC
R290LC-7 R320 R360 R954
HD512 HD1430 HD 512III HD 820III HD820R HD1430III HD700VII HD 1250VII HD250SE
HD400SE HD550SE HD1880
DX225 DX225LCA DX258 DX300 DX300LCA DX420 DX430
EC160C EC160D EC180B EC180C EC180D EC210 EC210 EC210B EC240B
EC290 EC290B EC240 EC55 EC360 EC360B EC380D EC460 EC460B
EC460C EC700 EC140 EC140B EC160B
D3 D3C D4 D4D D4H D5M D5H D6 D6D
D6M D6R D6T D7 D7H D7R D8 D8N D8R
D9R D9N D9G D10
D20 D31 D50 D60 D61 D61PX D65A D65P D64P-12
D80 D85 D155 D275 D355
We are ZheJiang CZPT Imp & Exp Co., Ltd, specialize in providing EXCAVATOR BUCKET and UNDERCARRIAGE PARTS for Excavator and Bulldozer, the brand include CAT, Komatsu, Volvo, Shantui, Hitachi, Kobelco, Hyundai, Doosan, Sumitomo, CZPT and other CZPT brands.
VOCHAINS wide range of Undercarriage Parts & Components including:
- Track Chains (Standard, Heavy Duty & “PPR” Series)
- Forged and Cast Drive Segments
- Drive Sprockets
- Lower Rollers
- Carrier Rollers
- Track Tensioning Assemblies and Components
- Heavy Duty Forestry Roller and Idlers
>>> View More
|We Provide Online Technical Services
|CE, ISO9001: 2000
Segment Sprockets in High-Speed and Heavy-Duty Conveyor Systems
Segment sprockets can be used in certain high-speed and heavy-duty conveyor systems, but their applicability depends on various factors related to the specific application’s requirements and operating conditions. Here’s a detailed explanation:
High-Speed Conveyor Systems:
In high-speed conveyor systems, the rotational speed of the sprockets and the conveyor chain or belt increases. This results in higher forces and stresses acting on the sprocket teeth and the chain or belt. For high-speed applications, traditional solid sprockets are often preferred due to their robust construction and ability to withstand higher rotational speeds without compromising performance or causing excessive wear.
However, segment sprockets can still be used in high-speed conveyor systems if the design and material of the segments are optimized for the specific application’s speed and load requirements. Proper alignment and accurate positioning of the segments are crucial to prevent vibration and ensure smooth power transmission at high speeds.
Heavy-Duty Conveyor Systems:
Heavy-duty conveyor systems handle large loads and require sprockets capable of withstanding significant forces and stresses. In such applications, traditional solid sprockets made from durable materials like steel are often the preferred choice due to their high load-carrying capacity and strength.
Segment sprockets can be used in heavy-duty conveyor systems if they are designed and manufactured with heavy-duty materials and robust construction. High-quality segment sprockets with precise tooth profiles and strong interlocking segments can handle heavy loads and provide reliable power transmission.
Considerations for Using Segment Sprockets:
When considering segment sprockets for high-speed or heavy-duty conveyor systems, it’s essential to take the following factors into account:
- Design and Material: Ensure that the segment sprockets are designed and manufactured with high-quality materials suitable for the application’s speed and load requirements.
- Proper Alignment: Precise alignment of the segments and accurate positioning of the sprockets are crucial to prevent premature wear and ensure efficient power transmission.
- Load-Carrying Capacity: Verify that the segment sprockets have the necessary load-carrying capacity to handle the maximum loads encountered in the application.
- Maintenance: Regular maintenance and lubrication are essential to keep the segment sprockets in optimal condition and prevent unexpected failures.
In summary, segment sprockets can be used in high-speed and heavy-duty conveyor systems if they are designed and manufactured to meet the specific application’s requirements. Proper selection, alignment, and maintenance are critical to ensuring the segment sprockets’ reliable performance and longevity in challenging conveyor applications.
Using Segment Sprockets in Curved or Inclined Conveyor Systems
Yes, segment sprockets can be used in curved or inclined conveyor systems. However, there are certain considerations to keep in mind when employing segment sprockets in such configurations:
- Curved Conveyor Systems:
- Inclined Conveyor Systems:
In curved conveyor systems, the conveyor chain or belt follows a curved path. Segment sprockets must be designed to accommodate the curvature of the conveyor and ensure smooth engagement with the chain or belt. Customized segment sprockets with teeth profiles optimized for curved paths may be necessary for these applications.
In inclined conveyor systems, the conveyor chain or belt operates on an incline. The design of segment sprockets must account for the increased load and forces experienced in inclined conveying. Reinforced materials and robust construction may be required to handle the additional stresses.
Advantages of Using Segment Sprockets in Curved or Inclined Conveyor Systems:
- Load Distribution: Segment sprockets provide better load distribution, especially in curved or inclined systems, ensuring even wear across the segments and prolonging the sprockets’ life.
- Customization: Segment sprockets can be customized to match the specific curvature and incline of the conveyor system, providing better performance and reducing the risk of misalignment.
- Reduced Wear: With proper design and alignment, segment sprockets can reduce wear on the conveyor chain or belt in curved or inclined systems, leading to longer chain/belt life.
- Smooth Operation: Well-designed segment sprockets contribute to smoother operation in curved or inclined conveyor systems, reducing vibrations and potential disruptions.
It is crucial to work with experienced conveyor system experts or sprocket manufacturers when using segment sprockets in curved or inclined systems. They can provide guidance on the appropriate sprocket design, materials, and configuration to ensure optimal performance and reliability.
By selecting the right segment sprockets for curved or inclined conveyor systems and implementing proper installation and maintenance practices, you can achieve efficient material handling and seamless operation in challenging conveyor configurations.
Choosing the Right Size and Pitch of a Segment Sprocket for Your Application
When selecting a segment sprocket for your application, it’s crucial to consider several factors to ensure proper fit and optimal performance. Here are the steps to help you choose the right size and pitch of a segment sprocket:
- Identify the Chain or Belt Type: Determine whether your conveyor system or machinery uses a roller chain or a timing belt. The sprocket’s pitch and tooth profile must match the chain or belt type for effective power transmission.
- Check the Chain or Belt Specifications: Refer to the manufacturer’s documentation or specifications to find the pitch, width, and tooth profile of your chain or belt. This information is essential for selecting a compatible segment sprocket.
- Calculate the Sprocket Teeth: To ensure smooth power transmission, the number of teeth on the segment sprocket should be proportional to the number of links or cogs on the chain or belt. The formula for calculating the number of teeth on the sprocket is: Sprocket Teeth = (Chain Pitch / Sprocket Pitch) x Number of Chain Links.
- Determine the Segment Sprocket Diameter: The diameter of the segment sprocket affects the speed ratio and torque transmission. Choose a sprocket diameter that matches your application’s requirements for speed and torque.
- Consider Load Capacity: Evaluate the load-carrying capacity of the segment sprocket based on your application’s maximum load requirements. Ensure that the sprocket can handle the weight and stress imposed during operation.
- Assess Material and Environmental Factors: Select a segment sprocket made from suitable materials that can withstand the environmental conditions, such as temperature, humidity, and chemical exposure, in your application.
- Customization Options: If your application has specific requirements that cannot be met with standard segment sprockets, consider whether customization options are available to tailor the sprocket to your needs.
- Consult with Experts: If you are uncertain about the appropriate size and pitch of the segment sprocket for your application, seek advice from experts or consult with the sprocket manufacturer to ensure a proper match.
Choosing the right size and pitch of a segment sprocket is crucial for achieving efficient power transmission, minimizing wear on the chain or belt, and prolonging the sprocket’s service life. Proper sprocket selection ensures smooth operation and reduces the risk of premature failures and downtime in your conveyor system or machinery.
Remember that segment sprockets are designed to offer flexibility and easy replacement, which is particularly beneficial in applications where frequent sprocket changes are required. Regular maintenance, proper lubrication, and periodic inspection are essential to maintaining the sprocket’s performance and extending its longevity in your specific application.
editor by CX 2023-09-27